Last updated: January 6, 2021
- Types of Information Gathered about Users
The Uncorked Project, LLC (“we” or “The Uncorked Project”) appreciates that you care how information about you is used and shared. The information we gather about Users of the website located at www.uncorkedproject.com (“Site”) enables us to provide you with services and information and helps us to personalize and improve our services (“Services”). Here are the types of information we gather:
- Information You Give Us: We receive and may store any information you enter on the Site or provide us in any way. For example, you provide us with information when you submit an inquiry or provide feedback, subscribe to our emails or blog posts, submit a video, or interact with the Site in other ways. We may ask you to provide us with certain personally identifiable information, such as your name, email address, phone number, and mailing address. Some of the information we ask you to provide is mandatory and some may be optional. If you do not provide the mandatory information requested for a particular activity, you will not be permitted to participate in that activity.
- Information on Facebook®, Instagram®, and Social Media: If you link through, to, or otherwise interact with our Site through our Facebook, Instagram, or other social media account, you also may provide us with information from or accessible through any social media account you have on the same platform.
- Information from Other Sources: We may combine information you provide us with information from third parties to correct our records, personalize your experience, or enhance our services. This may include, but is not limited to, information from our Third Party Service Providers. We also may use automated tracking methods through our Site.
- How The Uncorked Project Shares the Information It Receives
Information about our Users is a critical part of our business. We will not sell your personally identifiable information to others, but we may share User information with others in the following ways:
- With Other Authorized Third-Party Service Providers: We have agreements with other companies and individuals to perform functions on our behalf (“Third-Party Service Providers”), such as providing marketing assistance, operating or hosting our Site, sending emails, and analyzing data. We may share your personally identifiable information with these Third-Party Service Providers so they can provide the services that we have contracted with them to provide. The use of your personally identifiable information by such parties is subject to their privacy policies and is not subject to our control.
- With Other Websites: Our Site may include links to other websites. When you access these links, you may be directed away from our Site. We are not responsible for the privacy practices of other sites and encourage you to read their privacy statements. You may obtain useful information about Internet advertising companies, including how to opt out of their information collection, by contacting the Networking Advertising Initiative and the Digital Advertising Alliance.
- Security of Your Information
When you provide us with personally identifiable information, you acknowledge that, even with reasonable security measures in place, third parties might unlawfully intercept or access transmissions or private communications or breach protected data storage files. It is also important for you to protect against unauthorized access to your computer, secure your password, and sign off when you finish using a shared computer.
- Managing Your Information
You have options for managing your personally identifiable information with us:
- If you no longer want to use the Site, you may ask us to stop sending you promotional emails by contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org. Your personal information may remain in our historical records, but you will no longer receive emails from us about new features or changes to the Site or our products and services unless you subscribe again.
- Please note that, because there is no consistent industry understanding of how to respond to “Do Not Track” signals, we do not alter our data collection and usage practices when we detect such a signal from your browser.
- Children’s Privacy Issues
We do not knowingly collect information from anyone under the age of 13. If you are aware of any instance where we have collected information from or about someone under the age of 13, please inform us immediately.
- Personal Data
We process your Personal Data only as necessary to offer and provide our services to you. Our legal basis for processing includes:
- Complying with legal requirements.
- Managing and improving our website and our relationship with you.
- Providing you with information about our products and offerings.
We will retain your Personal Data only for so long as reasonably necessary to process your inquiry or submission and offer additional products or services to you. We also retain your Personal Data for the time necessary to meet legal requirements and any applicable statute of limitations.
Depending upon the laws applicable to you, the following rights may apply:
- You have the right to object to our processing your Personal Data and, upon receiving such notice, we will stop processing your data, which may mean we cannot ship products to you or use your submission. For example, without your Personal Data we will not be able to arrange for shipping products to you.
- You may restrict our processing your Personal Data.
- You may ask to update your Personal Data on a going-forward basis.
- You may request a copy of your Personal Data that we have stored and maintained.
- You may request that your Personal Data be deleted, but some Personal Data may not be deleted for legitimate legal reasons.
- You may request that your Personal Data be transferred to another party.
If you ask to exercise any of the above rights, you must send the request to our Privacy Department at email@example.com. We will respond to your request as soon as possible.
- Contacting Us